Travel Tip Tuesday: Tips From SmarTours CEO, Greg Geronemus
Travel Tip Tuesday- Tips from Our Travel Experts!
Happy Tuesday AirPretty travelers! Every Tuesday we offer you some helpful travel tips from our community of travel experts. Share your tips in the comments below and you might be featured as one of our AirPretty Travel Experts on Travel Tip Tuesday!
Here are some tips from Greg Geronemus, co-CEO of smarTours, a guided tour company based in New York City:
1. Try to reserve a window seat so you can rest your head on the side of the plane. It’s easier than trying to fall asleep sitting upright and you can control your light exposure. Try using a blanket, pillow, jacket, or scarf as a cushion against the side of the plane.
2. In a crowded plane at 38,000 feet in the air, you don’t want to be dealing with tight, constricting seams, itchy fabric, or clothes that keep you too cold or too hot. Bring clothes that are comfortable and easy to layer.
3. Try not to cross your legs. When you cross your legs, you restrict blood flow and increase your chances of a blood clot or back pain.
4. Recline you seat. Reclining your chair will help ease some of the pressure on your lower spine.
5. Skip alcohol. Booze won’t help you sleep soundly despite popular belief. In addition, it will increase the need to use the on board lavatory and will dehydrate you.
6. Eat light. Overeating or having fatty foods might make you feel uncomfortable and make it harder to sleep. Ask the flight attendants for the lighter or vegetarian meal, or stick to high protein, lean snacks.
7. Finally, buckle your seat belt over your blanket or sweater, not under it. That way, the flight attendant can see that you’re buckled up and won’t wake you if there’s turbulence.
Don’t forget to share your tips in the comments below for a chance to be featured as one of our AirPretty Travel Experts on Travel Tip Tuesday! Check back next Tuesday for more helpful travel tips!